Fry with butter until softened
Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, salt & pepper
Chop chicken thigh and chorizo
Stir and cook for ten mins
Add risotto rice and stir
Gradually add stock until absorbed and rice is soft
Serve with chopped parsley, more parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil
How to make it
- Place a large pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil and butter.
- Sweat the celery and onion for 10mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste a good pinch of salt and pepper, and stir.
- Add the chicken, chorizo and garlic (if using leftover chicken, hold it back for the time being). Fry for about 15 mins.
- Add the risotto rice and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and keep frying for a few minutes to burn off the alcohol.
- Add a few ladle-fulls of the stock and keep stirring.
- As the rice absorbs the liquid, add more of the stock (by the ladle) and stir.
- Stir regularly and gradually add the remaining stock as it absorbs.
- If you’ve run out of stock before it’s cooked, just add hot water instead.
- If using leftover chicken, add it now and stir through.
- Test rice and remove from heat once it’s softened, but still retains a little bite. You’re looking for a consistency that’s not too wet. Adjust seasoning.
- Add a good handful of grated parmesan and the peas. Stir in.
- To serve, add a handful of chopped parsley, another sprinkle of parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with wedges of lemon.
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...