Combine onion, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, oregano, and pancetta
Combine spicy onion mix with breadcrumbs and minced meat
Stuff each balls with a little cube of mozzarella
Re-form balls around the cheese
Dip each ball in beaten egg and roll in grated parmesan. Repeat to get extra cheesy
Deep-fry and serve with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
How to make it
- Firstly, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir. Leave to soak in while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook pancetta until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and chop finely before returning to the pan. Lower the heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (alternatively just grate them).
- Add onion and garlic to the pancetta, along with oregano and Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste. Stir and cook for about 7-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water, stir and continue to cook until evaporated (5-6 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancetta mixture with the soaked breadcrumbs, the minced beef and pork, parsley and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well (with your hands preferably) and form into small balls (approx. 1inch in diameter).
- Next chop the mozzarella into small 2cm cubes. Flatten each ball in your palm and add a piece of the cheese before wrapping up again and sealing as best as you can.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and finely grate the parmesan and have them ready in separate bowls.
- Dip each ball into the egg, then the parmesan. Repeat.
- Heat vegetable oil to approximately 160C (or use a deep-fryer if you’ve got one).
- Carefully lower the balls into the oil with a slotted spoon and remove once golden and crispy (this will take a few minutes).
- Drain on kitchen roll.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...