Crispy Black Pudding Breakfast Recipe
Black pudding is a great way to start the day, especially when it’s all crispy and served with toasted fresh bread and perfectly runny eggs. The only thing that can make that better is a little bit of our deliciously smoky chipotle chilli mayo. Now you’re talking! When online butcher and deli, Market Porter, challenged us to come up with some recipe ideas using under appreciated cuts of meat, we made a special request for black pudding as we knew it’d make a great breakfast companion to our mayo.
If you like this, you’re going to love our 9 epic breakfast ideas blog post.
How To Make
Remove casing from black pudding
Crumble into a hot pan with a little olive oil
Fry until nice and crispy
Spread Gran Luchito Smoked Chipotle Mayo onto toast and sprinkle over black pudding
Top with a soft-boiled egg
Black Pudding Breakfast
- Get a skillet onto a medium/high heat and add a little olive oil.
- Remove casing from black pudding and crumble into skillet. Allow to crisp up before stirring around.
- When happy with the texture, remove from heat. It should take about 7 or 8 mins.
- Get a saucepan of water boiling. Add the eggs and boil for between 5-6 minutes for soft boiled, runny yolks.
- Drain eggs and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Carefully peel shell.
- Toast bread and spread over a little Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo.
- Sprinkle over the crispy black pudding and top with an egg.
- Season and enjoy!
Have you tried this Crispy Black Pudding Breakfast recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.