Pulled Pork With Cheesy Grits
If you‘ve ever been to the US, chances are you’ll have come across grits. If not, think polenta (they’re both made from stone-ground cornmeal) with a smoother texture. We spiced up some leftover pulled pork with our smoked chipotle paste and served it with deliciously rich buttery cheesy grits. If you’re struggling to get grits (we found it in the world food section of Tesco), you could substitute polenta instead.
Make sure you check out the rest of our awesome recipe ideas.
How To Make
Cook grits with water then add butter and cheese
Stir in and keep warmAdd Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste to hot pulled pork
Serve pulled pork on top of the gritsDrizzle with olive oil and scatter with chopped spring onion, salt & pepper
Pulled Pork Grits
- 400g Leftover pulled pork (here's our pulled pork recipe if you need to make it from scratch)
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste (if using leftover pulled pork)
- 200g Grits/polenta (instant grits/polenta are available which take a fraction of the time to cook)
- 500ml Water
- 100g Mature cheddar
- 50g Butter
- 2 Spring onions
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Heat the water in a large saucepan until boiling.
- Add the grits/polenta and stir. Cook until water is absorbed, stirring very regularly (this will take about 30-40 mins).
- Once you're happy with the consistency (it should be thick and gloopy), add the butter, cheese, salt & pepper. Stir through, remove from the heat and cover to retain heat.
- Heat the leftover pulled pork in the oven, covered with foil. When hot, stir through the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste (we used about 2tsp, but add more or less to your taste).
- Serve the pulled pork over the grits and sprinkle with chopped spring onion, a drizzle of olive oil and some black pepper.
Have you tried this Pulled Pork With Cheesy Grits recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.