Cauliflower Steaks With Romesco Sauce
Whether you‘re vegan or a full on carnivore, this dish is great. Thick cauliflower steaks griddled and served on herby cous cous with a smoky chipotle romesco sauce. The spicy red pepper and almond sauce would work on a whole host of vegetables and meats, so don’t be afraid to experiment with it.
Cauliflower Steaks With Spicy Romesco Sauce Recipe
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 3½oz Almonds
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1tbsp Tomato paste
- 1tbsp White/Red wine vinegar
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 Large or 2 small cauliflower(s)
- 1½ cups of Cous cous
- 1½ cups water
- Handful parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 260C.
- Slice the bell peppers in half length ways and remove the seeds.
- Place in a roasting tray with a crushed (but not peeled) garlic clove in each half.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and place in oven and roast for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds on a dry pan (be careful not to burn them) and leave aside.
- Cut the cauliflower(s) into 4 steaks as best you can. You can't make steaks with the whole head as it is the stalk that holds it together.
- Place a frying pan onto a medium heat (a cast iron pan works well for this). Add a large knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once butter is melted, add the cauliflower steaks and cook until golden. Flip and cook other side.
- Once ready, leave aside.
- Boil water. Place the cous cous into a bowl and pour over the same volume of water as cous cous (this can differ between brands, so you might need a little more).
- Add a knob of butter, a sprinkle of salt & pepper then stir well. Place a plate over bowl and leave to steam for 5-10 mins.
- Remove peppers from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, add the peppers, the garlic cloves (skin removed), Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, almonds, tomato puree, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Blitz to a paste and gradually add the olive oil until a smooth paste is formed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- remove plate from cous cous and use a fork to separate grains. Stir through roughly chopped parsley.
- Serve cauliflower steaks over the cous cous and pour over the romesco sauce.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Roast red peppersToast almondsBlend to a paste with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, white wine vinegar, olive oil, tomato puree, salt & pepper
Cook cous cous and mix with parsleyCut cauliflower into steaksPan fry cauliflower steaks until golden
Serve cauliflower over cous cous and pour over romesco sauce
Have you tried this Cauliflower Steaks with Spicy Romesco recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.