Like the wonderful coronation chicken , prawn cocktail is a bit of an old-school dish. But it’s popular for a reason, and that reason is that it tastes mighty fine. We’ve made it Mexican by using our Smoked Chilli Mayo & Ketchup for the sauce and popped avocado into the mix underneath. This is Summer in a glass and must be tried!
We reckon this would be epic served as a starter before the Gran Luchito Steak.
Mix avocado, cucumber, shredded lettuce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper
Place prawns on salad bed and drizzle with sauce, Serve with lemon wedges
Prawn Cocktail With Smoky Chilli Mayo
- 5oz Prawns (cooked)
- 1 Little gem lettuce
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ avocado
- Mix the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, Ketchup and lemon juice together.
- Peel the prawns (if not already done) and mix into the sauce.
- Grate the cucumber; Dice the avocado.
- Shred the lettuce and mix with the avocado/cucumber, along with a squeeze of lemon juice, a lug of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In glasses or bowls, lay the dressed salad in the bottom, top with the prawns, then spoon over the sauce and let it drizzle down.
Have you made this Mexican Prawn Cocktail recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on?