Like the wonderful coronation chicken , prawn cocktail is a bit of an old-school dish. But it’s popular for a reason, and that reason is that it tastes mighty fine. We’ve made it Mexican by using our Smoked Chilli Mayo & Ketchup for the sauce and popped avocado into the mix underneath. This is Summer in a glass and must be tried!
We reckon this would be epic served as a starter before the Gran Luchito Steak.
Mix avocado, cucumber, shredded lettuce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper
Place prawns on salad bed and drizzle with sauce, Serve with lemon wedges
Prawn Cocktail With Smoky Chilli Mayo
- 5oz Prawns (cooked)
- 1 Little gem lettuce
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ avocado
- Mix the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, Ketchup and lemon juice together.
- Peel the prawns (if not already done) and mix into the sauce.
- Grate the cucumber; Dice the avocado.
- Shred the lettuce and mix with the avocado/cucumber, along with a squeeze of lemon juice, a lug of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In glasses or bowls, lay the dressed salad in the bottom, top with the prawns, then spoon over the sauce and let it drizzle down.