Smoked Chilli Honey Glazed Ham
Whether it ‘s Christmas or not, a honey glazed ham is always a winner. Slowly cooked then glazed in our smoky chipotle chilli honey, this is a must-try. The key here is to make sure you baste the ham as it roasts so the honey has a chance to really get involved. Getting it nice and crispy on the outside is an absolute must as well.
If you’ve got our honey, then make sure you check out all our honey recipe ideas.
Glaze The Ham in Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
Roast until crispy, basting with the honey glaze regularly
Leave to rest for ten mins before carving
Chilli Honey Glazed Ham
- 3lb 6oz kg gammon joint (boneless)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- ¾ tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- Cover the gammon joint with water in a large saucepan. Add the onion, bay leaves and peppercorns. Bring to the boil on a low heat and simmer for about an hour and a half.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Remove the skin from the ham with a sharp knife and throw away.
- Criss cross the fat layer with a sharp knife.
- Slightly melt the honey in a microwave, or mix with a little hot water and brush it all over the ham.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 mins or until it is golden and crispy. Baste with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey every once in a while.
- Leave to rest before carving.
Have you tried this Smoked Chilli Honey Roasted Ham recipe? If so please let us know how you got on.