Mexican Baked Beans
If you love beans on toast you simply need to give this delicious Mexican baked beans recipe a go. Its as much comforting as it is delicious and guaranteed to bring delight! In addition to the beans, we’ve gently cooked garlic, onion, bacon & our version of a Mexican Chipotle Paste. It give this classic dish a lovely subtle spice and oodles of flavour.
For a veggie/vegan version you can simply leave out the bacon.
Cook chopped onion, garlic and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste in a little olive oil
Add bacon bits and cook for ten minutesAdd borlotti beans and dried oreganoAdd tomato puree and a little waterAdd butter, salt & pepper
Serve on toast with parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and chopped parsley
Mexican Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, puréed
- 14 oz can of borlotti beans
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp Tomato purée
- 2oz Pancetta/bacon lardons, roughly chopped (leave out for vegetarian / vegan version)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2/4 Slices of crusty bread
- Fry onion, garlic and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste in glug of olive oil over a low/medium heat until onion is nicely softened.
- Add bacon/pancetta and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add borlotti beans and oregano.
- Stir in tomato purée and a splash of water. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add a knob of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast some nice crusty bread.
- Serve on toast with parsley, parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Gran Luchito Mexican Baked Beans