Mexican Sweet Corn
This seriously tasty corn salad recipe is plucked straight from the streets of Mexico City. Over there it’s know as Esquites but we prefer to call it Mexican street corn. Mexican corn works brilliantly as a side-dish with pizza, barbecue or Mexican food.
In the pictures below we made it as a starter served with the delicious Manomasa tortilla chips.
Mexican Sweet Corn Recipe
- ⅘ ears of corn (alternatively you could use tinned sweetcorn)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 Clove garlic (crushed)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 Bag Of Tortilla Chips To Serve
- Smother each corn ear with butter and cook in the oven/on the BBQ for 25 mins or until tender in a pan with a lid to prevent from drying out.
- Use a knife to remove the kernels and put back into pan (if using tinned sweetcorn, start from this step, emptying contents into a pan).
- Stir through garlic and cook for a little longer on the hob.
- Stir in parmesan, lime juice, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo and cilantro.
- Serve warm or cold.
If sweet corn is your thing, we also have an amazing corn on the cob recipe.
Have you tried this Mexican Sweet Corn Recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.