Uses Chipotle Mayo
Zesty Salmon Fishcakes
These beautiful salmon fishcakes are full of delicious fresh flavours and we can’t get enough of them. As if they weren’t good enough, our Chipotle Paste stirred through some yoghurt provides the perfect zingy accompaniment.
1 hour 30 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4). Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon in a roasting pan with the milk and bay leaves. Cover with foil and place in the oven for about 10 minutes (or until just undercooked).
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave to release the steam for a few minutes. Put back in the pan and mash.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and discard the milk (and skin and bones if necessary).
- In a mixing bowl, flake the salmon and add the mashed potato, spring onions, lemon zest, most of the coriander, the egg and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well, then form into burger-sized patties.
- Put the polenta in a shallow bowl and coat the fish patties. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the fishcakes and fry, in batches if necessary, until golden on both sides. Return to the baking sheet and finish in the hot oven for 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir the chipotle paste and lime zest into the yoghurt. Serve the fishcakes with salad, lime wedges and a generous spoonful of the chilli lime yoghurt on top.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Paste