Uses Chipotle Honey
Mexican Roast Chicken Recipe
This Mexican Roast Chicken recipe is a great take on a classic dish, and it’s all the tastier for it.
We mixed our Chipotle Paste with butter and spread it all over the whole chicken. We then roasted it on a bed of lovely vegetables and finished it with chunks of fresh lime and coriander leaves. Simply awesome!
It’s so tasty you probably won’t have any left, but if you do you can check out these recipes for leftover chicken.
1 hour 20 mins
1 hour 45 mins
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Mix the butter with the Chipotle Paste.
- Put the potatoes, onions, garlic and peppers into a large ovenproof dish and add olive oil, dried oregano and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using your fingers, carefully open up the gap between the breasts and the skin to make 2 little pockets.
- Put half the spicy butter into the pockets, rubbing the remaining butter all over the outside of the chicken. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables. Put in the oven and reduce the heat to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes by which point it should be golden brown (this will vary depending on the size of the chicken).
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate, cover in foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Make sure vegetables are cooked through by testing a large piece of potato. Return to the oven if not ready.
- When the vegetables are tender, scatter the limes amongst them, then sprinkle with plenty of coriander. Put the chicken on top of the vegetables and serve.
Baste the chicken as it cooks with the butter and occasionally mix up the vegetables surrounding it to ensure even cooking.