Here is a different way to liven up chicken for a midweek meal!
This indulgent creamy coriander chicken dish combines coriander with oregano, onions, garlic and sour cream to make a delicious sauce. The addition of Gran Luchito Sliced Cactus in this dish adds a nice twist, as well as some kick in the form of Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix.
These ingredients, all combined together, work so well that you could pour this sauce on just about anything! If you like creamy sauces, another good recipe to check out is our Easy Butter Chicken Curry.
The ultimate comfort food, hearty and warming, and one you can eat again and again. An easy and flavorful recipe, guaranteed to become a family favourite in your home.
Serve with Mexican Rice and some sugar snap peas.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 94 fat 3.7g saturates 1.4g carbs 1.8g sugars 0.7g fibre 0.5g protein 12.8g salt 0.6g
How to make it
- Heat a frying pan over a medium/high heat.
- In a bowl, cover the chicken breasts in a little olive oil and a little salt & pepper. Add to the pan until golden on both sides (5 minutes each side – but keep your eye on them!). Reduce heat to low/medium, place a lid on the pan and cook for another 6-7 minutes, or until cooked through (if using butterflied chicken breasts, this will be a little quicker. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the breasts. Cut at the thickest point to check if cooked).
- When cooked, remove chicken and leave aside.
- To the frying pan, add the sliced onion, dried oregano and a little more olive oil or a knob of butter. Fry until nicely softened (10-12 minutes). Add garlic and cook for another few minutes, taking care not to burn it.
- Add the Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix, stock, a handful of the roughly chopped coriander and a pinch of pepper (the Gran Luchito seasoning has salt in it).
- Bring the sauce to a gentle boil then whisk in the sour cream and Gran Luchito Mexican Sliced Cactus. Bring back to a gentle boil, then add the chicken breasts back in for a few minutes.
- Serve with the remaining coriander leaves and a sprinkle of Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita and Taco Mix. Serve with wedges of lime to squeeze over.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.