Stir fries are great for a quick and healthy midweek meal especially when packed with lots of fresh veggies. This chipotle beef stir fry recipe couldn’t be easier or more flavourful thanks to a dollop of Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste which adds a smokiness what complements the other stir fry sauce ingredients .
Simply marinate the beef (you could also use chicken, pork or duck) with the Chipotle Paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and lime juice. Flash fry the mixture in a wok along with tender stem broccoli and red peppers or add whatver veggies you might have on hand. We then finished the dish with fresh coriander and spring onions.
Chipotle Beef Stur Fry, a bit of Mexican Chinese, some fantastic flavour fusion for you!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 136 fat 3.2g saturates 0.9g carbs 15.4g sugars 1.4g fibre 1.9g protein 11.6g salt 1.2g
How to make it
- Add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice and a good pinch of black pepper to a bowl and whisk well.
- Cut the beef steaks into strips about 2cm / 0.8 inch wide and place in bowl with marinade mix. Stir well to cover the steak all over and leave to sit for as long as possible.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Slice the peppers into strips and cut the broccoli into bitesized chunks. Grate/smash the ginger (keeping ginger in the freezer and grating off what you need is a handy tip) and garlic. Roughly chop the spring onion.
- Heat a wok on a medium heat with a splash of vegetable oil.
- Add the ginger/garlic and cook for a few minutes (keep it moving and don’t let it burn). Turn up the heat and add the broccoli, red pepper and half of the spring onions.
- Keep it all moving and cook until the broccoli begins to soften slightly (about 5-6 minutes).
- Once happy with the vegetables, remove mixture from wok into a bowl/plate.
- Get the noodles softened (as per instructions on packet).
- Return wok to a high heat. Remove beef from marinade (keep the sauce) with a slotted spoon and add to the wok once very hot. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once happy with the beef, lower the heat and return the vegetables and noodles to the wok along with the marinade.
- Use tongs to mix well and heat for a few minutes.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before serving with remaining spring onions, freshly ripped coriander leaves and wedges of lime.
What To Serve With Chipotle Beef Stur Fry
We like to serve our Chipotle Beef Stir Fry with:
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.