Easy Chicken & Chorizo Tacos
There is nothing better than making good use of leftover ingredients in our fridge and cupboard and repurposing them into a tasty recipe for the family. With the help of a few Gran Luchito ingredients we can transform leftover chicken into a whole new meal. That’s why having Chipotle Paste in your cupboard becomes really handy, as it’s the best way to spruce up and add flavour to any meal.
So make use of that rotisserie leftover chicken from the weekend with all those bits that nobody eats but that are still filled with plenty of meat. All you have to do is to fry onion and garlic with a bit of cooking chorizo, and let all that delicious chorizo fat get absorbed by the onions. Then add the shredded chicken and season with Chipotle Paste, which is what brings all of these ingredients together. You can make it as spicy as you like – start with a teaspoon and go from there.
If you don’t have any chorizo at home, feel free to substitute with pieces of chopped bacon or lardons. The quick slaw is a great way to make a delicious garnish to finish off your tacos! Of course you can adapt to the vegetables you have at home, just make sure to provide a bit of crunch into the slaw. Use creme fraiche, mayo or greek yoghurt, as they all work really well when giving that lovely creamy texture to the slaw.
Finally season with Garlic and Guajillo Fajita & Taco Mix, a bit of apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and it’s done! Serve your tacos with the tasty chipotle chicken, top with the homemade slaw and last but not least a spoonful of Tomatillo Salsa. Enjoy!
How to make it
- Begin by heating up olive oil in a frying pan. Once it is hot enough add in the onion and garlic, stir and cook for a minute or two.
- Remove the chorizo casings with a knife and break the chorizo meat into the frying pan, mix with the onion and garlic until the chorizo begins to release its oils.
- Add the shredded chicken meat into the pan, the Chipotle Paste, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finally pour in the stock and stir, let it simmer on a medium heat for about 6 or 7 minutes.
- In the meantime shave all your veggies finely into a bowl with the help of a mandolin. You can also use a knife to cut your vegetables. Chop the coriander (including stems) and add them into the bowl as well.
- Pour in the creme fraiche, olive oil, vinegar, Garlic and Guajillo Fajita & Taco Mix, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Integrate all the ingredients with a spoon and reserve.
- Remove your chicken from the heat and set aside.
- Warm up your Soft Taco Wraps and serve with a generous spoonful of warm chipotle chicken. Add a spoonful of freshly made creamy slaw, a good amount of Tomatillo Salsa on top, and last but not least a very important squeeze of lime juice. Repeat the same process to make the rest of your tacos, and serve them warm!