Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Here’s another of our all-time favourite sandwiches: The chicken and bacon sandwich!
The key here, as is always the case when cooking chicken breast, is not to overdo it. The last thing you want is a dry piece of chicken. We like to get it nice and charred on the outside in a hot griddle pan before finishing it in the oven. Don’t forget to let it rest before you slice it.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas 4).
- Heat a griddle pan until it’s very hot.
- In a dish, put a little olive oil, some salt and pepper. Rub the chicken breast in the oil mix until completely covered.
- Put the chicken in the griddle pan and fry for a few minutes to give it some good colour.
- Transfer the chicken to an ovenproof dish and finish in the oven for 15–20 minutes, taking care not to overcook.
- Add the bacon to the griddle pan and cook until crisp.
- Remove the flesh from the avocado and either slice or mash.
- Toast the bread or roll (if desired) and spread both halves with a little Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo.
- Remove the chicken when cooked and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Put some salad leaves on a slice of bread, then pile on the bacon, chicken and avocado. Season and serve immediately.