BBQ Avocado With Chipotle Prawns
This bbq avocado recipe is actually very quick to make. The avocados are griddled very quickly (just long enough to get some nice char marks without cooking it) and topped with king prawns marinated in our chipotle paste. The bbq avocados are served with a squeeze of lovely fresh lime juice. A healthy, tasty and very easy little lunch idea.
Are you an 🥑 lover like us?! Be sure to check out our avocado recipes for more recipe ideas.
1 hour 10 mins
How to make it
- Place prawns in a bowl with the chipotle chilli paste and lime zest. Mix well and leave in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the dish (the longer the better).
- Cut the avocados in half lengthways and remove the stones.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lime juice and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Use a brush to cover the flesh of each avocado half with this mixture.
- Place the avocado halves onto a very hot griddle pan and cook for about 4–5 minutes just until charred. Try not to move them around whilst they cook as you won’t get the nice clear char marks.
- Remove with a spatula, trying to avoid removing the charred bits.
- Quickly pan-fry the prawns with a little olive oil for 3–4 minutes until just pink.
- Place the avocados flat-side up on a plate and top with the prawns, the cooking sauce, a squeeze of lime juice and some chopped coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges and some crusty bread to mop up the juices.