Mexican Bread Sauce Recipe
Spice up your roast chicken or turkey with this chipotle bread sauce. It’s a winner. All you need to do is add a dollop of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste while you’re gently frying the onion and continue as normal.
Check out all our delicious smoked chilli recipe ideas.
How To Make
Fry onion in butter until soft then add milkStir in Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and bring to a simmer
Mexican Bread Sauce
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 cups Whole milk
- 4oz Good quality stale bread (if you don't have stale bread, place slices of fresh bread in an oven at 30C for an hour)
- 1oz Butter
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Heat a pan and add the butter.
- Add the diced onion and fry gently for about 10mins, or until very soft.
- Whisk in the milk and add the bay leaves. Gradually bring to a simmer.
- Add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and stir well.
- Rip the bread into chunks and add to the milk. The sauce will gradually thicken as the bread absorbs the milk.
- Continue to stir now and again until you have a nice thick sauce with the same consistency throughout. Remove bay leaves.
- Remove from heat and heat gently when ready to serve.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this Mexican Bread Sauce recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.