Spicy Beef Stir Fry
Try using a dollop of our smoky chipotle paste to make a spicy stir fry sauce. We added strips of juicy beef steak but this would work just as well with chicken, pork or duck.
This dish couldn’t be easier. Simply marinade the meat with the chilli paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce and lime juice. Flash fry in a wok with tender stem broccoli and red peppers. We finished the dish with fresh coriander and spring onions.
This easy spicy beef stir fry recipe is perfect for a quick dinner to use up vegetables in your fridge. Check out our website for more tasty Asian-inspired fusion recipes.
Marinade beef strips in Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and lime juice.
Serve with fresh coriander and lime wedges
Spicy Beef Stir Fry
- 1lb 2oz Beef steak (we used sirloin but use whatever you can get your hands on)
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 4cm Piece ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2tbsp Soy sauce
- 1tbsp Fish sauce
- 1tbsp Sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 7oz Broccoli
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 5 Scallions
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 11oz Egg noodles
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Black pepper
- Add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, lime juice and a good pinch of black pepper to a bowl and whisk well.
- Cut the beef steaks into strips about 2cm wide and place in bowl with marinade mix. Stir well to cover the steak all over and leave to sit for as long as possible.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Slice the peppers into strips and cut the broccoli into bitesized chunks. Grate/smash the ginger (keeping ginger in the freezer and grating off what you need is a handy tip) and garlic. Roughly chop the spring onion.
- Heat a wok on a medium heat with a splash of vegetable oil.
- Add the ginger/garlic and cook for a few minutes (keep it moving and don't let it burn). Turn up the heat and add the broccoli, red pepper and half of the spring onions.
- Keep it all moving and cook until the broccoli begins to soften slightly (about 5-6 minutes).
- Once happy with the vegetables, remove mixture from wok into a bowl/plate.
- Get the noodles softened (as per instructions on packet).
- Return wok to a high heat. Remove beef from marinade (keep the sauce) with a slotted spoon and add to the wok once very hot. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once happy with the beef, lower the heat and return the vegetables and noodles to the wok along with the marinade.
- Use tongs to mix well and heat for a few minutes.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before serving with remaining scallions, freshly ripped cilantro leaves and wedges of lime.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon