Fig Toast With Chilli Halloumi & Parma Ham
Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey and halloumi were made for each other. The sweet smoky chilli cuts through the salty cheese perfectly. To make this little brunch idea even more special, we glazed figs in the honey and added parma ham and put the whole lot on toast.
Grill halloumi and figs until golden
Arrange halloumi and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey-glazed figs onto toast with parma ham and fresh mint.
Fig Toast With Chilli Halloumi & Parma Ham Recipe
- 2 Slices fresh bread
- 6 Slices halloumi (roughly 1 cm wide)
- 6 Slices Parma ham
- 3 Ripe figs
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Begin by pre-heating the grill.
- Cut figs and halloumi into roughly 1cm slices. Arrange on a baking tray.
- Put Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey into a bowl. Either place in microwave for a few seconds to melt slightly, or add a few drops of hot water.
- Brush melted honey on to figs. Brush halloumi with olive oil.
- Place under grill, keeping your eye on them so as not to let them burn.
- Once halloumi is golden, flip and cook other side (brush with oil). Do the same to the figs with the honey.
- Toast the slices of bread. Place on a plate and add a lug of olive oil.
- Take parma ham and lay it over the toast (folding it roughly will give the dish a better texture).
- Lay on halloumi, followed by figs.
- Roughly chop mint leaves and sprinkle over with a little salt & pepper. If you want, add a little balsamic vinegar too.