Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
We asked ourselves, how can you improve our Mexican meatball recipe. Alex came up with the genius idea of stuffing them with Mozzarella, crusting them with parmesan cheese and deep frying them. This stuffed meatballs recipe could hardly be described as healthy but we assure you, they are mega tasty and make a perfect snack.
If meatballs are your thing, check out some other exciting meatball recipe ideas.
Soak breadcrumbs in milk
Fry and chop pancetta
Combine onion, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, oregano, and pancetta
Combine spicy onion mix with breadcrumbs and minced meat
Add herbs and mix well
Form into balls
Stuff each balls with a little cube of mozzarella
Re-form balls around the cheese
Dip each ball in beaten egg and roll in grated parmesan. Repeat to get extra cheesy
Deep-fry and serve with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Recipe
- 5fl oz Milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 11oz Minced beef
- 7oz Minced pork
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 10ml Water
- 1 Handful parsley (finely chopped)
- 1tsp Dried oregano
- 3oz Pancetta/bacon lardons
- 7oz Mozzarella
- 7oz Parmesan
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
- Salt & pepper
- Firstly, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir. Leave to soak in while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook pancetta until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and chop finely before returning to the pan. Lower the heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (alternatively just grate them).
- Add onion and garlic to the pancetta, along with oregano and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste. Stir and cook for about 7-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water, stir and continue to cook until evaporated (5-6 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancetta mixture with the soaked breadcrumbs, the minced beef and pork, parsley and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well (with your hands preferably) and form into small balls (approx. 1inch in diameter).
- Next chop the mozzarella into small 2cm cubes. Flatten each ball in your palm and add a piece of the cheese before wrapping up again and sealing as best as you can.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and finely grate the parmesan and have them ready in separate bowls.
- Dip each ball into the egg, then the parmesan. Repeat.
- Heat vegetable oil to approximately 325F (or use a deep-fryer if you've got one).
- Carefully lower the balls into the oil with a slotted spoon and remove once golden and crispy (this will take a few minutes).
- Drain on kitchen roll.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon