Zesty Salmon Fishcakes
These beautiful salmon fishcakes are full of delicious fresh flavours and we can’t get enough of them. As if they weren’t good enough, our Smoked Chilli Lime Pickle stirred through some yoghurt provides the perfect zingy accompaniment.
To make a meal of it try serving the fish cakes with a side of our Crispy Homemade Oven Chips.
Peel & cut potatoes then boil in salted water.
Put salmon in a baking tray and add milk & bay leaves.
Drain and mash potatoes with butter, salt & pepper.
Remove salmon from oven and discard milk & bay leaves.
Slice fresh coriander & spring onion
Mix flaked salmon, coriander, spring onion, lemon zest, mashed potato, an egg and season well.
Form into patties and roll in polenta then refrigerate for Thirty mins.
Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Pickle to the yoghurt.
Fry fishcakes in a pan until golden then pop in oven to keep warm.
Serve with fresh salad and wedges of fresh lime with dollops of the spicy lime yoghurt.
Zesty Salmon Fishcakes Recipe
- 11b 2oz Salmon fillet
- 11b 2oz Potatoes
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 handful fresh Cilantro
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Free-range egg
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 3½ oz Polenta
- 2 Scallions
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Pickle
- 7oz Plain yoghurt
- 1 Lime
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F Gas Mark 4. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks of the same size. Cook in salted boiling water until tender.
- While the potatoes cook, put the salmon in a baking tray and add the milk along with the bay leaves.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for about 10mins (or until just under-cooked).
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and allow to release steam for a good few minutes. Place back in the saucepan and mash.
- Remove salmon from oven and discard milk (and skin & bones if necessary). Keep the oven on.
- In a mixing bowl, flake the salmon and add the mashed potato, finely chopped scallion, lemon zest, most of the cilantro (saving a little for garnish), the egg and a good pinch of salt & pepper. Mix well and taste (re-season if necessary).
- Form into burger-sized patties and roll in polenta. Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Once ready to cook, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat until hot.
- Add the fishcakes and fry until golden (you might need to do this in batches). Flip and do the same to the other side. Return to the baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, stir 2tsp of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Pickle through the yoghurt.
- Serve the fishcakes with salad, lime wedges and a generous spoonful of the chilli lime yoghurt on-top.