Pulled Pork Spring Rolls
If you find yourself with an abundance of leftovers having made our super-tasty Smoky Mexican Pulled Pork then why not have a go at making these awesome little things. You’ll need to get your hands on rice paper which you can pick up from international sections in supermarkets.
If our version of Vietnamese spring rolls take your fancy we highly recommend you check out our other Gran Luchito Asian Recipes
Pulled Pork Spring Rolls Recipe
- 7 oz Smoky Mexican Pulled Pork
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- ¼ white cabbage (grated)
- ¾ inch Ginger (grated)
- 2 Scallions (finely sliced)
- 3.5oz Salted peanuts (crushed/blitzed)
- 1.7g Beansprouts
- 1tbsp Soy sauce
- 16 Spring roll wrappers
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1tbsp Sesame oil
- 3.5 fl oz Groundnut oil (for frying)
- Handful cilantro and basil (finely chopped)
- 1 fl oz Soy sauce
- ½fl White wine vinegar
- 1cm Ginger (grated)
- 1 Clove garlic (grated)
- In a big bowl, combine the carrot, ginger, peanuts, pulled pork, bean sprouts, cabbage, scallions (hold a little back for serving), cilantro Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper.
- In lukewarm water, soak each spring roll wrappers for about 30secs (or until flexible but not mis-shapen). Dry on a kitchen paper and lay on a flat surface.
- Add a tbsp of the mixture to the front centre of the wrapper.
- Roll from the bottom tucking in the edge. Once about half way up, fold in the sides then continue rolling up keeping it as neat and even as possible. If you prefer summer rolls, serve them like this. If you want crispy spring rolls, continue as below.
- Once you've rolled them all, heat a frying pan and add the groundnut oil until a small piece of the mixture sizzles when dropped in.
- Fry the spring rolls in batches for about 5 mins each making sure to flip them over.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve with a sprinkling of scallions.
Mix left-over pulled pork with carrot, ginger, peanuts, beansprouts, cabbage, spring onions, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, soy sauce & sesame oil
Add mixture to prepared rice papers (they’ll just need wetting slightly)
Wrap them up in little parcels.
Fry in hot vegetable oil
Mix some soy sauce with ginger, garlic & white wine vinegar
Serve with some freshly sliced spring onions and some basil or coriander
Have you tried this Pulled Pork Spring Rolls Recipe? If so we would love to know how you got on.