Mexican Pulled Pork Fried Rice
In our quest to bring you the best ways to use left-over pulled pork, we through together this very special pork fried rice dish. Big juicy prawns work amazingly well with the shredded smoked chilli pulled pork, and a sprinkle of crunchy crushed peanuts and fresh basil make this a must-try.
This dish would work equally well with other meats.
If seafood are your thing we highly recommend this Smoked Chilli King Prawn recipe!
Mexican Pulled Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 14 oz Jasmine rice
- 7 oz Smoky Mexican Pulled Pork
- 2cm Piece of ginger
- ½ Onion
- Handful fresh basil
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1tbsp Soy sauce (plus a small splash for prawns)
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Large eggs
- 1tsp Shrimp paste (most supermarkets sell this nowadays)
- 12 oz Fresh Shrimp
- 5 oz Salted peanuts
- Groundnut oil
- 1tsp Sesame oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only; roughly chopped)
- Begin by cooking the rice (this will need to be relatively cool, so make it in advance). Follow the instructions on the pack and leave to one side while you prepare the rest.
- Now you can make the paste. Combine the ginger, lemongrass, onions, garlic, soy sauce (1tbsp), sesame oil, shrimp paste, black pepper, fresh basil (including stalks) and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and a splash of water (you'll be cooking this off next so don't worry about diluting the flavours) in a food processor and blitz to a smooth paste.
- Heat a wok until very hot and add a little oil. Add the paste and fry for about 3mins. Most of the water should disappear and you'll be left with a lovely rich paste which will be the base of the dish. Leave cooked paste aside.
- Next, pour a splash of soy sauce over the shrimp. Heat the wok again and add a little oil. Flash fry the shrimp for a few minutes until they turn pink.
- Do exactly the same thing with the left-over pulled pork and then combine with the prawns.
- Finely slice the scallions and blitz the peanuts.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat the wok until very hot, add a little oil. Add the egg and before it cooks completely, add the rice and combine so that the rice gets coated. Next add the paste, pork, shrimp, scallions and half the peanuts and combine well.
- After a few minutes, serve straight into bowls and finish with a sprinkle of peanuts and some roughly chopped fresh basil.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Combine ginger, lemongrass, onions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, shrimp paste, black pepper, fresh basil (including stalks) and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and a splash of water.
Blitz together in a food processor
Cook paste in a hot wok until water evaporates and you’re left with a rich paste.
Splash a little soy sauce onto the raw prawns
Fry prawns in a hot wok
Beat the egg
Flash fry the pulled pork in a wok with a little oil
Combine prawns and pork
Fry the beaten egg until it just beginning to cook
Add the prawns, pork & paste along with the rice.
Serve with chopped peanuts and fresh basil