Our Bean soup with Mexican Chilli is great for a cold rainy day to warm up, or you could even eat it cold as a kind of Mexican-inspired gazpacho. The great thing about this recipes is that you are likely to have the ingredients for the Bean soup at home. If you want to add some meat, try some nice smoky bacon fried to a crisp and added at the end.
Mexican Bean Soup
- 1 Onion (peeled & finely chopped)
- 1 Red pepper (chopped & deseeded)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tin kidney beans
- 75ml Chicken stock
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Olive oil
- Fry onion, garlic, pepper, carrot, sweet potato and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste over a medium heat in a large saucepan in olive oil for 10 mins.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, oregano, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper and bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 25 mins without a lid.
- At this point you can blend the soup. We like to blend half and leave the other half chunky and then recombine.
- Add the kidney beans and bring to the boil.
- Serve drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, a giant crouton, grated parmesan and a sprinkle of coriander.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you made this Bean Soup? If so please do let us know how you got on?