Mexican, Chilli Honey, Sesame & Soy Salmon Stir Fry
Chilli Honey, Sesame & Soy Salmon Stir Fry
This salmon stir fry recipe is an incredibly tasty marinade idea for salmon fillets. The three ingredients in the marinade work really well together to give a beautiful flavour, and when grilled, it goes all sticky and gorgeous.
Instead of fish you can use chicken or pork with this stir fry recipe. We’ve got some other super easy Gran Luchito Seafood recipes here.
How to make it
- Simply stir the honey, soy sauce and sesame oil together (this will be easier if you heat the Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey a little first).
- Put marinade and salmon into a sealed freezer bag (or something similar), massage well and leave for as long as possible in the fridge (overnight if possible).
- Take out of the fridge and allow to return to room temperature.
- Cook on a high temperature skin side down so it goes crispy (you can cook it on the barbecue, grill or griddle pan) . Take care not to overcook the fish, it doesn’t need long and will continue cooking once you take it off the heat (if you see white protein on the surface, you’ve over-cooked it!).
- Leave to rest for 5-10 mins, then flake with a fork. In our opinion it should still be a little bit pink inside.
- Next you can start work on your stir-fry. Get a wok really hot and add a little sesame oil. Once scorching, throw in the veg and keep moving for about 2-3 mins. Add a few spoons of the marinade and keep moving for another minute or so. (you want the vegetables to retain a bit of crunch).
- Put the noodles into a bowl and pour over some boiling water to loosen, then add them to the vegetables to warm through and mix in.
- Turn off the heat then add your flaked salmon and serve the salmon stir fry immediately.
- Toast some peanuts in a dry pan and chop finely. Mix with some chopped basil (or your preferred herb) and sprinkle over the top for a nice crunch).
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.