Mexican, Pulled Pork Sandwich
Pulled Pork Sandwich
The Pulled Pork Sandwich is a wonderful thing. If you’ve never had one then do yourself a favour and spend some time making one. The sandwich consists of a beautifully balanced combination of chipotle pulled pork (we used leftover pulled pork ), ham, mustard, gherkins, swiss cheese and delicious bread.
Spread yellow mustard onto crusty bread
Add ham and emmental cheese
Add top piece of bread and griddle until cheese melts and outside is crisping up
Have You Made This Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe? If So Please Do Let Us Know How You Got On?
How to make it
- Slice the bread in half length ways and spread each half with mustard.
- Thinly slice the cornichons length ways and lay onto what will be the bottom piece.
- Top with pulled pork.
- Next, layer the ham and thinly sliced emmental cheese, followed by the top piece of bread.
- Now, unless you’ve got a fancy sandwich press, the best way to get the authentic finish is to use a griddle pan and something heavy to press the sandwich down as it cooks. Get the pan on a medium heat.
- Spread butter onto the outer surface of each slice and add to the pan. Keep checking that it’s not burning and cook until the cheese is melting and the sandwich is nice and flat.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.