Another brilliant BBQ idea for you to try. The award-winning guru-of-the-grill, Steve Heyes AKA ‘Jedi Swine Tricks’ has done it again with these moink balls (Moo + Oink). This is something a little bit different but delightfully delicious.
If you’re in a hurry, then you can use pre-made meatballs. However, if you want to go all out, try making your own using our Mexican meatball recipe.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 183 fat 14g saturates 4.8g carbs 4.8g sugars 2.5g fibre 0.6g protein 10.3g salt 1.7g
How to make it
- Cook your meatballs in the oven, leave to cool then chill in the fridge.
- Wrap each meatball with one slice of bacon and secure with a cocktail stick.
- To make your sauce, finely chop your onion and garlic or pass it through a blender.
- Fry off the onion in a little butter until it is soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the black pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the black pepper and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Set up your BBQ for indirect cooking. You’ll want it at around 170C / 340F
- Place your MOINKS on the grill over the drip pan, replace the lid and cook for about 20 mins or until the bacon starts to crisp up. You may want to move them round on the grill after 10 minutes to stop those nearest the coals from burning.
- Glaze with your bbq sauce and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with extra sauce on the side.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.