Gran Luchito’s SMoked Chilli Sausage Rolls
How to make it
- Finely chop the red onion and slowly sweat with a little olive oil for about 15mins. Add the roughly chopped herbs and leave to cool.
- Allow the pastry to get to room temperature. Unroll it and lay flat on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cut the pastry in half lengthways.
- Squeeze the meat from all of the sausages into a large bowl, discarding the casing.
- Combine the sausage meat with the Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste (plus any other ingredients you wish to add to the mix). Mix well. Season well.
- Split the mixture into 2 balls. Shape each ball into a long sausage along the centre of each strip of pastry (see pictures).
- Fold over the pastry to seal in the sausage and seal the edges with a nip.
- Brush each roll with the beaten egg/milk.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Slice the long parcel into separate bite-sized pieces.
- Add another coat of egg wash and then bake at about 200C for 20mins or until golden and crispy.
- [br}Other Possible Fillings To Add To The Chilli Sausage Rolls :
- Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different fillings. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Black Pudding & Bramley Apple
- Spicy Lamb Merguez
Tried this recipe? Got suggestions? Let us know...