If you’ve never made your own chipotle sausage rolls, it’s about time you did!
Not only are homemade chipotle sausage rolls inevitably better, but making your own also gives you free rein over what goes in them, opening up all kinds of delicious combos. We kept it simple with the idea below, but there’s nothing stopping you getting creative.
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 344 fat 25g saturates 7.2g carbs 21.9g sugars 2.1g fibre 1.8g protein 7.8g salt 0.85g
How to make it
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, add the onion, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste, the sage and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and sweat for 15 minutes until soft, then leave to cool.
- Unroll the pastry and lay flat it on the prepared baking sheet. Cut the pastry in half lengthways.
- Squeeze the meat from the sausages into a large bowl, discarding the casings. Add the cooked onions and mix well.
- Split the mixture into 2 balls. Shape each ball into a long sausage and lay it along the centre of each strip of pastry.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry, fold to seal in the sausage and seal the edges with a nip.
- Beat the egg and milk together, then brush it over the pastry.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6.
- Slice the long strip into separate bite-sized pieces.
- Add another coat of egg wash and then bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.