Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
If you can make great burgers or meatballs then there’s no reason why you can’t make a top class meatloaf. For extra decadence why not try wrapping it in streaky bacon and glazing it with our deliciously smoky chipotle honey!?
If you like the look of this, check out our 9 Bacon Wrapped recipe ideas.
How To Make
Fry red onion with thyme
Combine eggs with buttermilk and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Whisk together Mix with breadcrumbs, pork mince, chorizo and onion mixture
Line a baking tray with bacon
Push meatloaf mix into tin and fold over bacon ends
Roast in oven for an hour
Brush with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey while still hot
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe
- 1tsp Olive oil
- Half Red onion (diced)
- 3tsp Thyme
- 1lb 2oz Pork mince (higher fat content will taste better)
- 9oz Cooking chorizo (removed from skin and crumbled)
- ¼ml Buttermilk
- 2½oz Breadcrumbs (we used blitzed up crackers)
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- 2 Eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Add a little olive oil to a pan over a medium heat and add diced red onion and thyme leaves. Stir and cook for 10mins.
- Once onion is completely softened, remove from heat and leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Combine the buttermilk mixture with the pork mince, chorizo, breadcrumbs and cooked onion. Mix well.
- Line a loaf tin with streaky bacon (see images). Place the meatloaf mixture into the tin and push down so it makes a flat surface. Fold over the bacon ends.
- Roast in the oven for about 1 hour (keep your eye on it so it doesn't burn).
- Remove from oven, leave to cool slightly then turn out on to serving plate.
- Brush with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey and serve alongside your choice of sides.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Have you tried this Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.