Mexican Meatball Flatbread
This tasty meatball flatbread recipe uses our Mexican Meatball recipe and it’s great for entertaining. Just lay it all out, pile up the crispy flatbreads and dig in. Full of amazing flavours and colours perfect for al fresco Summer eating, you could even cook the meatballs on the BBQ!
If meatballs are your thing, check out some other exciting meatball recipe ideas.
Combine pancetta, onion, garlic, oregano and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Mix well and cookAdd beef & pork mince along with breadcrumbsForm into balls and refrigerateGriddle until nicely coloured and cooked throughCombine flour, water, yeast, salt, sugar and olive oilKnead until you have a smooth, elastic dough
Combine aubergine, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper.RoastCombine yoghurt with lemon juice, olive oil, cucumber, mint, salt & pepper.Add white wine vinegar, fresh mint, parsley and salt & pepper. Combine spring onion with doughRoll into discs
Fry in butter until goldenStack ’em
Bring it all together
Gran Luchito’s Mexican Meatball Flatbreads
Mexican Meatball Flatbread Recipe
- 5fl oz Milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 11oz Minced beef
- 7oz Minced pork
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 10ml Water
- 1 Handful parsley (finely chopped)
- 1tsp Dried oregano
- 3oz Pancetta/bacon lardons
- Salt & pepper
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 3¼ Cups strong bread flour
- 8fl oz Warm water
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 Sachet of yeast
- 3 Spring onions
- ¾ Stick of butter
- 3 Egg plant
- Olive oil
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- A splash of white-wine vinegar
- Handful of mint & parsley
- 10oz Plain yoghurt (half a big tub)
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Pickle
- Handful fresh mint
- 15cm Piece of cucumber (roughly half of a normal cucumber)
- Lug of olive oil
- We sprinkled some pickled red cabbage on top to add some colour and tangy flavour.
- Firstly, combine the breadcrumbs with the milk and stir. Leave to soak in while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook pancetta until cooked through. Place on a chopping board and chop finely before returning to the pan. Lower the heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to a food processor (alternatively just grate them).
- Add onion and garlic to the pancetta, along with oregano and Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste. Stir and cook for about 7-8 mins.
- Add a splash of water, stir and continue to cook until evaporated (5-6 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the pancetta mixture with the soaked breadcrumbs, the minced beef and pork, parsley and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix well (with your hands preferably) and form into small balls (approx. 1inch in diameter). Pile on a plate and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Skewer the balls onto wooden/metal skewers.
- Brush each ball with a little olive oil before you griddle/roast/grill/barbecue them.
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt, sugar and 1½ tbsp olive oil with warm water in a mixing bowl and stir until it forms a rough dough.
- Turn it out onto a clean, lightly floured work-top and knead for 6 or 7 minute. Use extra flour if necessary. (It will become elastic as the gluten develops).
- Lightly oil the mixing bowl and put the dough back in, cover with clingfilm and place somewhere reasonably warm. Leave for an hour.
- Meanwhile, chop the spring onion into small slices.
- Turn the dough back out onto a floured surface and knead lightly until flat.
- Combine the spring onion with the dough and fold dough until combined and distributed evenly throughout (the spring onion will release water as you fold so you will need some extra flour to counteract this. It will come together eventually.
- Place back in the bowl and leave for another hour.
- Turn out and separate into 8 evenly sized pieces. Shape each into a sphere and roll out into a disc (approximately 15cm in diameter). Use extra flour to prevent sticking.
- In a heavy pan over a medium heat, add a little knob of butter (5g) and once melted and bubbling, add the flatbread (cook one at a time).
- It will begin to bubble pop as it cooks. Keep your eye on the bottom and flip once golden, adding another knob of butter as you do so.
- Repeat until you have a pile of 8 delicious flatbreads.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Wash the aubergines and cut into small bitesized pieces.
- Slice the garlic into half cm chunks.
- Throw both into a roasting tray with a good lug of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Combine well and place in oven. Keep your eye on it as it cooks and use a metal spatula to move it all around now and again. You want the aubergine and garlic to get nice and golden (not burnt though). This should take about 30 mins.
- Once cooked, leave to cool for 10 minutes then stir through a splash of white wine vinegar and a good handful of finely chopped fresh mint and parsley.
- Wash the cucumber and grate then combine with the other ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Easy.
- We garnished our meatball flatbread with some pickled red cabbage and charred green peppers.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon