Mexican Pulled Pork Poppers
Pulled Pork Poppers are a great little idea for a starter or party food. We thought this would be a great way to use up any left-overs you might have from our Smoky Mexican Pulled Pork recipe…how right we were! Give this delicious little idea a go and enjoy the good life.
We replaced the usual jalapeños with sweet mini-peppers with plenty of heat coming from our version of a chipotle paste.
Chop baby peppers in half length ways and remove the seeds
Mix together Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, chives, salt & pepper
Add the left-over pulled pork
Fill the pepper halves with the pulled pork mixture
Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and roast in oven until crispy
Sprinkle with crispy bacon bits and chopped chives
Mexican Pulled Pork Poppers Recipe
- 8 Mini- sweet peppers (available in supermarkets)
- 3½ oz Pulled Pork (leftovers works well)
- 2tbsp Cream cheese
- 3½ oz Cheddar cheese
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Handful chives (finely chopped)
- ⅔ Rashers streaky bacon
- 1 oz Breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Carefully slice the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds leaving the stalks in place if you can (this is purely for aesthetics).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated cheddar, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste, chopped chives, cream cheese, pulled pork and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Fill the pepper halves with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and then place in the oven for about 20mins, or until the breadcrumbs are nicely golden.
- Meanwhile, fry some bacon rashers until crispy, then chop very finely. Mix with some finely chopped chives.
- Remove poppers from the oven then sprinkle with the bacon & chive bits.
- *Feel free to use jalapeños or normal peppers.