The Cuban Sandwich is a wonderful thing. If you’ve never had one then do yourself a favour and spend some time making one. The sandwich consists of a beautifully balanced combination of smoked chilli pork (we used leftover pulled pork ), ham, mustard, gherkins, swiss cheese and delicious bread.
For a more Mexican sandwich try our chicken, bacon and avocado sandwich.
Gran Luchito Cuban Sandwich With Pulled Pork
- 7oz Smoky Mexican Pulled pork
- 2 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 4oz g Sliced ham
- 5oz Emmental swiss cheese
- Handful dill Pickled cucumber
- 1oz Butter
- 1 Crusty bread roll (traditionally made with Cuban bread)
- Slice the bread in half length ways and spread each half with mustard.
- Thinly slice the Pickled cucumber length ways and lay onto what will be the bottom piece.
- Top with pulled pork.
- Next, layer the ham and thinly sliced emmental cheese, followed by the top piece of bread.
- Now, unless you've got a fancy sandwich press, the best way to get the authentic finish is to use a griddle pan and something heavy to press the sandwich down as it cooks. Get the pan on a medium heat.
- Spread butter onto the outer surface of each slice and add to the pan. Keep checking that it's not burning and cook until the cheese is melting and the sandwich is nice and flat.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
Spread yellow mustard onto crusty bread
Add slices of gherkin
Add pulled pork
Add ham and emmental cheese
Add top piece of bread and griddle until cheese melts and outside is crisping up