Gran Luchito Tomato & Smoked Chilli Rolls
A couple of weeks ago we featured an interview with professional baker Alex Lambert. Today he gives us a brilliant little recipe for tomato chilli bread rolls using Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste.
Tomato & Smoked Chilli Rolls
- 11b 2 oz Strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 0.25 oz Sachet dried active yeast
- 9 oz Warm water
- 1 ½ tbsp Tomato puree concentrate
- 2-3 tsp Gran Luchito Chilli Paste
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 oz Butter (softened)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt and sugar.
- Mix the yeast, egg yolk and tomato puree into the water until combined.
- Add to the flour and mix until combined and the flour is fully hydrated.
- Knead the dough well for a good 20 minutes until you have a strong, elastic dough that you can stretch without tearing.
- Cut the softened butter into small pieces and knead into the dough until it is fully incorporated. Now work in the Gran Luchito paste in the same way.
- Make the dough into a rough ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover and leave at room temperature for 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- After the dough has doubled turn it out onto a floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces.
- When the dough is ready (if it hasn’t doubled yet leave a bit longer until it has) tip it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces and round them into balls.
- Place the balls of dough, almost touching, on a greased baking tray. Cover the tray with cling film or a damp tea towel so the dough doesn’t dry out. Leave in a draft free place to proof at room temperature. The rolls should double in size after roughly 1-1 ½ hours depending on how warm your kitchen is. As they grow the sides of the rolls should all begin to touch.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 F. Make sure you also pre-heat a roasting tray at the bottom of the oven.
- Once the buns have doubled in size they should all be touching nicely. Slide the whole tray into the oven. Before closing the door tip a cup full of water into the roasting tray at the bottom. Bake for 12 -15 minutes until the buns have risen and are a light golden brown.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon