This rich tomato sauce with meaty chunks of chorizo and plenty of chickpeas is the perfect accompaniment to the wonderful texture and flavour of the tender squid. Finish this seafood bake with a sprinkle of fresh dill and some grated Parmesan. This is hearty food at its best.
Our raw courgette salad is a great accompaniment to this seafood bake.
Ideal forSlow & low
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 132 fat 4.9g saturates 1.1g carbs 11.6g sugars 2.3g fibre 1.9g protein 8.9g salt 0.75g
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F / Gas 3.
- Add a slug of olive oil to an ovenproof pan over a medium heat.
- Add the red onion, celery, garlic, chorizo, Gran Luchito Chipotle Paste and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the squid, tomatoes, tomato purée, sherry and chickpeas. Stir well. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the dill, a sprinkling of finely grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with some flatbreads, nice crusty bread or polenta.
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.