Fish Finger Sandwich
There aren‘t many things better than a homemade fish finger sandwich. And when we say ‘homemade’, we don’t mean undoing the box yourself. We mean getting your hands on some lovely fresh fish and making these crispy delights yourself, from scratch. It really is worth the effort. Jammed between two pieces of bread with a generous dollop of our chipotle mayo, these fish fingers will hit the spot.
Cut fish into fingersCoat in flourCover in beaten eggCoat in breadcrumbsDeep-fry until goldenPop in a sandwich with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
Fish Finger Sandwich Recipe
- 2ozPlain Flour
- 1lb 2oz Fresh cod fillet (or any other white fish)
- 5oz Panko breadcrumbs (or other breadcrumbs)
- 1 Egg
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Fresh bread
- Cut the cod into rectangles about 8cm by 3cm.
- Add flour to a mixing bowl and add ½ tsp salt and a good grind of fresh black pepper (you could also add some paprika or other spices here if you like).
- Toss each piece of fish in the flour to cover completely.
- Once all covered, prepare the egg and breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add the breadcrumbs to another bowl.
- This is easiest if you keep one hand dry at all times. Dip each piece of fish in the egg, shake off the excess, and the add to the breadcrumb bowl.
- Use your dry hand to sprinkle breadcrumbs over the fish until covered. Then you can handle it and make sure it is completely covered.
- If you like, you can repeat the egg and breadcrumb stage to make sure you get a nice crunch.
- Once all the fish has been breadcrumbed, heat the oil for deep frying.
- Use a deep-fryer, or alternatively, heat oil in a large saucepan, making sure it doesn't come up too high. Be very careful with this.
- Test the oil by carefully adding a little piece of bread to the oil. If it bubbles then you're ready to fry.
- Use a slotted spoon to carefully add the fish to the oil. Don't move them around too much as the breadcrumbs will come off.
- Leave to cook for a few minutes before moving them about a little. Cook in bathes of 3 or 4 to keep the oil from cooling down.
- Once golden, remove from oil and leave to drain on a plate lined with plenty of paper towel.
- Meanwhile, cut some nice fresh bread. Spread the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo onto the bread and add the fish fingers.