Mexican Creamy Polenta
Making Polenta is so much easier then you might imagine and it makes such an excellent alternative to pasta, potatoes or bread. What’s more you can load it up with all kinds of flavours, which is exactly what we’ve done….
This Mexican Polenta recipe idea would be awesome for a weekend brunch or midweek evening meal. The creamy polenta is full of great ingredients such as crispy chorizo, big juicy king prawns, sweetcorn and of course Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste.
Give this a go, you won’t be disappointed!
For more delicious recipe ideas, check out our recipe page.
Measure out polenta Cook with milk and waterFry chorizo until crispyAdd spring onionAdd prawns, sweetcorn and corianderadd butter, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and parmesan to creamy polenta
Mix togetherCombine and top creamy polenta with poached eggs
Serve with lime wedges
Mexican Creamy Polenta Recipe
- 5oz Coarse polenta/cornmeal
- 5fl oz Milk
- Half stick Butter
- 2tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 1 pint Water
- ½tsp Salt
- 1oz Parmesan
- 1 Ear of sweetcorn (or use a small tin)
- 3½oz Chorizo sausage
- 6oz King prawns (raw)
- 3 Scallions
- Handful fresh coriander
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Lime
- Olive oil
- In a large pan, add the water along with the milk and salt. Bring to the boil.
- Gradually add the polenta and stir until it thickens.
- Turn heat down low and cook for 35-40 mins, stirring every 3-4 minutes. It will get thicker and smoother as it cooks. It's ready once the grainy texture has gone and it begins to come away from the side of the pan.
- Stir in the butter, Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and parmesan.
- Slice chorizo into bitesized chunks and fry over medium high heat.
- Once cooked, reduce heat slightly and add sweetcorn and chopped scallions for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add prawns until pink all over. Remove from heat and stir through roughly chopped coriander (hold a little back for garnish).
- The creamy polenta will solidify slightly if left off the heat, so once ready to put the dish together, gently heat it back up and it should loosen up. Add a little water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs. These can be done in advance and kept in ice cold water until ready to use them.
- Stir in half of the chorizo/prawn/sweetcorn mix to the spicy polenta along with most of the chopped coriander.
- Pour this into a serving dish.
- Top with remaining chorizo/prawns/sweetcorn, poached eggs, a sprinkle of parmesan, fresh coriander, a little lug of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lime to squeeze over.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon
And there you have it, creamy polenta with a Mexican twist