Chilli Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
In case you didn’t already know, our hot honey works incredibly well with bacon. The sweet and spicy flavour contrasting against the salty bacon is a real treat.
One way to bring these two ingredients together is this great breakfast/brunch recipe that takes the idea of a soft-boiled egg and soldiers to a whole new level.
Chilli Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 8 Asparagus Spears
- 8 Unsmoked Streaky Bacon Rashers
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- 2 Large free-range eggs
- Salt & black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F (or use a BBQ)
- Lay the bacon rashers out on a baking tray. In a cup, mix the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey with a splash of warm water. Brush this onto the bacon rashers.
- Wrap each asparagus spear up in a bacon rasher. Brush a little of the honey mix onto each one once wrapped.
- Pop these in the oven keeping a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- Meanwhile, soft-boil a couple of eggs by adding them to a saucepan of boiling water. Immediately start a timer and remove after 5 minutes. Place in an egg cup and slice off the top.
- Remove the asparagus and serve together. Sprinkle the egg with a little salt & pepper.