Atomic Buffalo Turds..
ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) make amazing little starters or sides. Despite their name, they are unbelievably delicious and you should definitely try them on your next BBQ. They're almost like summer versions of that festive dish Devils on Horseback, except more devilish.
Atomic Buffalo Turds Recipe
Make It: BBQ
Ideal For: Side
- 6 whole fresh jalapeños (or if you can only access the supermarket, some decent sized red or green chilli peppers from there)
- 12 slices of streaky bacon
- Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- 12 slices of brie - I recommend a fairly mild brie
- Some basic BBQ dry rub - I recommend Guerrilla Powder
- Cut the chills in half lengthways
- Remove the seeds and placenta from each chilli.
- Spoon about half a tsp to 1 tsp of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey into each half chilli (depending on the size)
- Top each one with a slice of brie and wrap with the bacon. If needed use a cocktail stick to hold together.
- Sprinkle each ABT with some dry rub and place in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Set your grill up for indirect cooking (see our guide to Hacking Your BBQ) aiming for a temperature of between 250F and 300F.
- If you’re running nearer 300F, cook for one hour then check; nearer 250F and you’ll be looking at about two hours. What you’re trying to get here is the bacon starting to crisp up before you glaze.
- For the glaze mix 3tbspGran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey and 1tbsp water in a pan and warm it up gently.
- Apply glaze to ABT’s and cook for a further 15-30 minutes depending on your BBQ temperature.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey Is Available online with Amazon