Bacon Avocado Bomb
Like a deliciously edible Russian doll, we believe the world is a much better place with bacon avocado bombs! It might take a bit of practice but if you follow the video below this avocado bomb is pretty simple to make. The trick is to perfectly soft-boil the egg so it’s nice and gooey and then give the bacon a good glaze of our chipotle honey.
How to make it
- Soft-boil the egg for 6 minutes. Submerge in cold water and leave to cool. Peel carefully.
- A bit at a time, enlarge the stone-hole in the avocado to fit the egg, then put it back together with the egg inside.
- Wrap the eggacado in streaky bacon as tightly as possible, holding the bacon in place with cocktail sticks (take care not to pierce the yolk though!).
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large, heavy-based pan to 180°C (350°F), or when a piece of bread sizzles when dropped in.
- Use a slotted spoon to very carefully lower your creation into the oil and deep-fry for 3–4 minutes until the bacon looks nicely crispy.
- Add a splash of hot water to the smoked chipotle chilli honey in a bowl and stir to loosen slightly.
- Use a pastry brush to glaze the bacon with the honey.
- Leave to cool slightly and cut along the fault line in the avocado (if you can see it through all that delicious bacon!)
- Sprinkle egg with a little salt and pepper and you’ve got yourself a truly amazing little snack. Definitely not for sharing. Just make two!