If you are into avocado and soft boiled egg dishes or the idea of bacon glazed with Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey sounds delicious (it is!) then this is the dish for you! These two things come together like a deliciously edible Russian doll, and we believe the world is a much better place with bacon avocado bombs!
It might take a bit of practice but if you follow the instructions below, this avocado bomb is pretty simple to make. The trick is to perfectly soft-boil the egg so it’s nice and gooey and then give the bacon a good glaze of our Gran Luchito Chipotle Honey.
If you like this bacon avocado bomb recipe then you are going to love our bacon taco shell and bacon-onion ring recipes!
Nutrition: Per servingkcal 248 fat 22g saturates 5.9g carbs 2.4g sugars 1.7g fibre 1.3g protein 9.5g salt 2g
How to make it
- Soft-boil the egg for 6 minutes. Submerge in cold water and leave to cool. Peel carefully.
- A bit at a time, enlarge the stone-hole in the avocado to fit the egg, then put it back together with the egg inside.
- Wrap the eggacado in streaky bacon as tightly as possible, holding the bacon in place with cocktail sticks (take care not to pierce the yolk though!).
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large, heavy-based pan to 180°C / 350°F, or when a piece of bread sizzles when dropped in.
- Use a slotted spoon to very carefully lower your creation into the oil and deep-fry for 3–4 minutes until the bacon looks nicely crispy.
- Add a splash of hot water to the Gran Luchito smoked chipotle chilli honey in a bowl and stir to loosen slightly.
- Use a pastry brush to glaze the bacon with the honey.
- Leave to cool slightly and cut along the fault line in the avocado (if you can see it through all that delicious bacon!)
- Sprinkle egg with a little salt and pepper and you’ve got yourself a truly amazing little snack. Definitely not for sharing. Just make two!
Similar Recipes You Might Like to Try
Shredded Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Chipotle
Comments / Questions / Tips
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.