Smoky Chipotle Jambalaya
Jambalaya is a traditional dish from the southern American state of Louisiana and our chipotle paste is perfect to give it an extra smoky kick in addition to the big meaty flavours of chorizo, chicken thigh and a generous portion of king prawns. It’s essentially a delicious risotto!
1 hour 30 mins
How to make it
- Mix the chipotle paste with the chicken and leave aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat (with a lid for later) and add the chorizo chunks. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Cook for another 10 minutes. Remove the meat, but do not wash the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, deseed and roughly chop the peppers. Add them to the pan with the onion, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and fry for a few minutes before adding the chicken stock and chopped tomatoes. Stir briefly, bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and then add a lid.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes until the rice is cooked but retains a little bite (we used red rice which takes a little longer to cook, so follow instructions on the pack if using another type).
- Flash-fry the king prawns in a little oil until pink all over.
- Stir the prawns, chicken and chorizo into the rice.
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped coriander and serve.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Honey