Mexican, Mexican Croquettes
Croquettes make a tasty little snack or perfect party food. Our Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo works wonders in mashed potatoes, so making Mexican croquettes with it was always going to be a winner. We threw in some chorizo crumbs to add some texture and extra flavour.
If you’re a lover of all things round and crispy you should also check out recipe for deep-fried Mac n Cheese Balls!
Add Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, milk & butter to cooked potatoes and mash until smooth
Fry chorizo until nicely crispy
Combine potato mixture with chorizo and chives
Add parmesan and egg yolks
Dip in beaten egg, then cover in breadcrumbs
Deep-fry until crispy. Serve with Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup
How to make it
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into equally sized chunks.
- Fill a large saucepan with cold water and add a generous pinch of salt. Add the potato chunks and turn on the heat.
- Bring to the boil and continue to cook until a knife slides in easily. Drain away the water and leave in the saucepan.
- Add the other ingredients (butter, mayo, milk) and mash well until no lumps remain. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Leave to cool.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and chop into very small pieces.
- Fry in a little oil until crispy.
- Mix chorizo and finely chopped chives with the cool mashed potato.
- Stir through the grated parmesan and egg yolks until well combined.
- On separate plates, prepare some plain flour, beaten egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Form golfball sized spheres with the potato mixture. Roll in flour and shake off excess. Then roll in beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Repeat the egg and breadcrumb stages for extra crunchy croquettes.
- Heat a saucepan full of vegetable oil (or a deep-fat frier) to 180C, or until a little of the mixture sizzles on entry.
- In batches, fry the balls and once brown and crispy, leave to drain on kitchen roll.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Chipotle Ketchup for an extra smoky chilli kick.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.