Chipotle Bangers and Mash
How to make it
- Get the sausages cooking first. The best way to cook sausages is really slowly. If you’ve got a nice heavy cast iron pan, get it on a fairly low heat with a splash of olive oil and let the sausages cook while you prepare the rest of the meal. (Alternatively you could roast or BBQ them).
- Now start the onion gravy. Get a frying pan and melt the butter on a low/medium heat. Slice the onions thinly and add to the butter. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 25 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once nice and caramelised, add the flour and stir for about a minute. Add the chopped thyme leaves (remove from woody stems), and the stock and bring to the boil. Add Worcestershire sauce and season.
- Start on the mashed potatoes. Get a large saucepan and fill with salty water. Peel and chop the potatoes into roughly evenly sized chunks. Add to the water and bring to the boil, cooking until a knife slides in easily.
- Drain water off and add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, milk, butter, salt & pepper. Mash well getting rid of any lumps (use a potato ricer if you like).
- Heat through the gravy when you’re ready to serve.
- Bring it all together just the way you like it!