Mexican, Chipotle Bangers and Mash
Chipotle Bangers and Mash
We gave the classic Bangers and Mash recipe a little Mexican lift with the addition of our Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo in the mashed potatoes.
We got hold of some awesome pork & apple sausages and made a delicious onion gravy. Give this a go one evening and jump aboard the flavour train!
Have you made this Mexican Bangers and Mash recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on?
How to make it
- Get the sausages cooking first. The best way to cook sausages is really slowly. If you’ve got a nice heavy cast iron pan, get it on a fairly low heat with a splash of olive oil and let the sausages cook while you prepare the rest of the meal. (Alternatively you could roast or BBQ them).
- Now start the onion gravy. Get a frying pan and melt the butter on a low/medium heat. Slice the onions thinly and add to the butter. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 25 mins, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once nice and caramelised, add the flour and stir for about a minute. Add the chopped thyme leaves (remove from woody stems), and the stock and bring to the boil. Add Worcestershire sauce and season.
- Start on the mashed potatoes. Get a large saucepan and fill with salty water. Peel and chop the potatoes into roughly evenly sized chunks. Add to the water and bring to the boil, cooking until a knife slides in easily.
- Drain water off and add the Gran Luchito Chipotle Mayo, milk, butter, salt & pepper. Mash well getting rid of any lumps (use a potato ricer if you like).
- Heat through the gravy when you’re ready to serve.
- Bring it all together just the way you like it!
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.