There are a few advantages to doing your brussels sprouts like this. Firstly, it saves time. Secondly, kids are probably more likely to give them a go (they don’t look like sprouts). And third, they just taste better. Hardcore sprout fans probably won’t bother, but if you want to make this love it or hate it vegetable a bit more exciting then give this a go this Christmas. You could also give one of our sides ago!
Prep & Wash sprouts
Place in food processor with peeled garlic clovesBlitz until roughly shredded
Chop bacon into piecesFry until crispyAdd Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
Gran Luchito Easy Shredded Sprouts With Bacon And Smoked Chilli
- 500g Sprouts
- 1 oz Butter
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 5 Rashers streaky bacon (or lardons)
- 1tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- Handful toasted walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Salt & pepper
- Remove the outer layer of leaves, wash well and throw your sprouts into a food processor (or just grate them if you don't have one) along with the peeled garlic cloves.
- Once you've done that, gently heat a frying pan with the bacon bits and a little olive oil. Fry until crispy.
- Add a spoonful of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste and stir in.
- Add the shredded sprouts and a knob of butter and cook for 7-8 minutes or until you're happy with how they're cooked.
- Season to taste and stir through the toasted walnut bits.
Have you tried this Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Bacon recipe? If so we would love to hear how you got on.