Potato And Chorizo Croquettes
- 11 Ib 2 oz Potatoes (something good for mashing like Maris Piper or desiree)
- 2 oz Butter
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- Splash full-fat milk
- Salt & pepper
- Plain flour
- Lime wedges to serve (optional)
- 2 oz Chorizo
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 Egg white (beaten, for coating breadcrumbs)
- 2 oz Parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup (for serving)
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into equally sized chunks.
- Fill a large saucepan with cold water and add a generous pinch of salt. Add the potato chunks and turn on the heat.
- Bring to the boil and continue to cook until a knife slides in easily. Drain away the water and leave in the saucepan.
- Add the other ingredients (butter, mayo, milk) and mash well until no lumps remain. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Leave to cool.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and chop into very small pieces.
- Fry in a little oil until crispy.
- Mix chorizo and finely chopped chives with the cool mashed potato.
- Stir through the grated parmesan and egg yolks until well combined.
- On separate plates, prepare some plain flour, beaten egg whites and breadcrumbs.
- Form golfball sized spheres with the potato mixture. Roll in flour and shake off excess. Then roll in beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Repeat the egg and breadcrumb stages for extra crunchy croquettes.
- Heat a saucepan full of vegetable oil (or a deep-fat frier) to 350F, or until a little of the mixture sizzles on entry.
- In batches, fry the balls and once brown and crispy, leave to drain on kitchen roll.
- Serve with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup for an extra smoky chilli kick.
Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, milk & butter to cooked potatoes and mash until smooth
Fry chorizo until nicely crispy
Combine potato mixture with chorizo and chives
Add parmesan and egg yolks
Form into balls
Dust in flour
Dip in beaten egg, then cover in breadcrumbs
Deep-fry until crispy. Serve with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Ketchup