Mexicann Bangers and Mash
We gave the classic Bangers and Mash recipe a little Mexican lift with the addition of our Smoked Chilli Mayo in the mashed potatoes.
We got hold of some awesome pork & apple sausages and made a delicious onion gravy. Give this a go one evening and jump aboard the flavour train!
Mexican Bangers and Mash Recipe
- For The Bangers & Mash:
- 2 ¼ lb Potatoes (good for mashing eg. Desiree or Maris Piper)
- 6 Good quality pork sausages
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- 1 Oz Butter
- Splash full-fat milk
- Salt & pepper
- For The Gravy:
- 1 cup Beef broth
- ¾ Oz Butter
- 2 Medium onions
- 1tsp Sugar
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1tbsp All purpose flour
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Get the sausages cooking first. The best way to cook sausages is really slowly. If you’ve got a nice heavy cast iron pan, get it on a fairly low heat with a splash of olive oil and let the sausages cook while you prepare the rest of the meal. (Alternatively you could roast or BBQ them).
- Now start the onion gravy. Get a frying pan and melt the butter on a low/medium heat. Slice the onions thinly and add to the butter. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the sugar and cook for another 25mins, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once nice and caramelised, add the flour and stir for about a minute. Add the chopped thyme leaves (remove from woody stems), and the stock and bring to the boil. Add Worcestershire sauce and season.
- Start on the mashed potatoes. Get a large saucepan and fill with salty water. Peel and chop the potatoes into roughly evenly sized chunks. Add to the water and bring to the boil, cooking until a knife slides in easily.
- Drain water off and add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo, milk, butter, salt & pepper. Mash well getting rid of any lumps (use a potato ricer if you like).
- Heat through the gravy when you’re ready to serve.
- Bring it all together just the way you like it!
Have you made this Mexican Bangers and Mash recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on?