We gave this Ratatouille, a traditional southern French dish, a quick Mexican makeover. By mixing in some of our Chipotle Paste, this ratatouille recipe has a great depth of flavour and distinct mellow heat.
We’re not sure what the French would think but it tastes so darn good! Perfect eaten hot or cold, this Ratatouille can be prepared in under 20 minutes.
If you have any of the Mexican Ratatouille left over, it’s great stirred through spaghetti for a simple pasta dish.
Mexican Ratatouille Recipe
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Peppers
- 2 Zucchini
- 12 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- ½ Large Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste
- 3 tsb Herbs De Provence
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil leaves to garnish
- A good plug of Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven to 390F
- Chop the Eggplant, Zucchini, Peppers, Onions into large pieces, about the size of your index finger.
- Peel garlic cloves and slice them in half down the middle.
- Add all of the above into a large dish, mix, season with salt & pepper and sprinkle on the herb de provence.
- Pour the olive oil into a small container and add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste. Stir with a small teaspoon until the paste is completely dissolved into the Oil.
- Pour this mixture over the veg and with a spoon stir until all the veg has an equal coating.
- Place the dish into the preheated oven for 20 mins
- Slice the tomatoes in two and place in a bowl.
- After 20 mins, take Ratatouille out of the oven, pour on the tomatoes and stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Place back in the oven for 40 minutes.
- You can serve the ratatouille either hot or cold. Before serving sprinkle on the basil leaves.
In the UNITED STATES Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Paste Is Available online with Amazon