Chilli Honey Glazed Halloumi Couscous Salad
Add butter to couscous then add boiling water and leave coveredToast walnutsChop walnuts roughlyFluff cooked couscous with a forkBrush halloumi with a little olive oil
Griddle corn and remove kernels with sharp knifeGrill halloumi until golden
Add Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey to chopped halloumi
Chilli Honey Halloumi Couscous Salad Recipe
- 9oz Couscous
- 1 Ear of sweetcorn (or a small can of sweetcorn)
- Handful fresh mint
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh basil
- 2oz Walnut halves
- 4oz Halloumi
- 2 Scallions
- 1tbsp Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Pour the couscous in a bowl with a knob of butter. Add 14fl oz boiling water, stir and cover with a plate. Leave for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
- Cut the halloumi into 1cm slices. Cover each slice with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and grill until golden and crispy. Flip them and crisp up the other side.
- Once cooked, cut into small chunks and add the Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey. The heat from the halloumi will slightly melt the honey and allow you to stir it through the halloumi and glaze each chunk. Leave aside.
- Heat a griddle pan. Remove leaves from corn and cover kernels with a little olive oil. Add to griddle pan and gradually turn as it begins to char. Once done, remove kernels with a sharp knife (if using tinned sweetcorn this isn't necessary).
- Toast walnuts slightly in a dry frying pan for a few minutes. Roughly chop.
- Roughly chop the herbs and scallions.
- In a large mixing bowl add the couscous, walnuts, corn, herbs, spring onions, glazed halloumi and a good lug of olive oil. Mix well, taste and season.
- Serve with warm flatbreads.
Have you tried this Chilli Honey Halloumi Couscous Salad Recipe? If so pleas let us know how you got on.