Honey Roast Parsnips
These crunchy honey roast parsnips are perfect for Christmas dinner. Encrusted in parmesan and thyme then drizzled with Chipotle Honey. Sides don’t get much better than these bad boys. Never have average parsnips again.
Our Chipotle Honey is the main ingredient used for these honey roast parsnips, however it also works exceedingly well in this Chipotle Honey Glazed Carrots recipe.
How to make it
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the parsnips. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and leave to dry out completely as the steam escapes.
- Add the Parmesan, polenta, thyme and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix gently until the parsnips are coated.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Pour the olive oil into a roasting pan and place in oven to heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully add the parsnips to the hot oil. Mix well to cover all surfaces with oil, then return to the oven. Roast for 15 minutes, or until golden and crunchy (you can jumble them up every now and again so they cook evenly).
- Drizzle the chipotle chilli honey over the parsnips and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Keep your eye on them at this stage as the honey will burn easily.
- Serve hot and crispy.
Have you tried these recipes?
Uses Chipotle Mayo