Mexican, Honey Roast Parsnips
Honey Roast Parsnips
These crunchy honey roast parsnips are perfect for Christmas dinner. Encrusted in parmesan and thyme then drizzled with Chipotle Honey. Sides don’t get much better than these bad boys. Never have average parsnips again.
Our Chipotle Honey also works exceedingly well in this Chipotle Honey Glazed Carrots recipe.
Cut parsnips into quarters
Allow to dry and add polenta, parmesan and thyme
Add to hot oil and roast till golden
Drizzle with Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Honey
How to make it
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the parsnips. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain and leave to dry out completely as the steam escapes.
- Add the Parmesan, polenta, thyme and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix gently until the parsnips are coated.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas 6).
- Pour the olive oil into a roasting pan and place in oven to heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully add the parsnips to the hot oil. Mix well to cover all surfaces with oil, then return to the oven. Roast for 15 minutes, or until golden and crunchy (you can jumble them up every now and again so they cook evenly).
- Drizzle the chipotle chilli honey over the parsnips and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Keep your eye on them at this stage as the honey will burn easily.
- Serve hot and crispy.
Calling all Mexican lovers!
Share your stories with #granluchito
sign up for free cookbook
Subscribe now for a free copy of the Gran Luchito e-cookbook filled with delicious, authentic Mexican recipes and join our mailing list for all the latest recipes, news and blog updates.